The Central Wesleyan College Archives Digital Collection contains yearbooks, course catalogs, student newspapers, and other materials of the now-defunct Central Wesleyan College. Established in Warrenton, MO in 1884, Central Wesleyan started out as both a home for Civil War orphans and an institute of higher education with the purpose of training ministers for the German Methodist Episcopal Church and educating German youth in their native tongue. It merged with the German College of Mt. Pleasant, IA in 1909 and became a junior college in 1930 before closeing its doors in 1941. More information about the school's history can be found here. Many of the school's publications in its early years were produced in both English and German, reflecting the bilingual nature of the institution. Note: full-text transcriptions are only provided for documents in English.
Truman State University undergraduates have the opportunity to archive similar records through the Judicial Archives Project where
they clean, repair, process, and index 19th century public records from the county courthouses of northeast Missouri.
view the full microfilm collection that is available in Pickler Memorial
Click here to view other counties records made available by the Missouri Digital Heritage Initiative.